Thursday, January 23, 2014

Introduction and Hello!

Hi.

Thanks for visiting!

I'm not so sure why you'd be reading this right now when you could be reading some actual Nerfy content. Maybe you're reading this because it's my first post and I have nothing else on the blog yet. If that's the case, welcome! And thanks? I guess.

I'd like to say a few things, since this is supposed to be an introductory post.

  1. The blog's design is not final. At least, not at the time of this post, so: sorry about the mess.
  2. I'm new to the NIC -- at least as far as actually being an active online member.
  3. I have other stuff to say, so I'll say that next. More after the jump.

I suppose I'll introduce myself. I'm Aaron. I'm a teenage guy who's active in a whole bunch of things I can't even sum up in less than a few words. I'm involved in writing articles for 2 websites (both secrets for now), I write works of fiction, I'm working on a webseries (two actually - one fictional and one...vlog-esque), and I love watching movies and plays, reading books, and listening to music. Then there's school and all that jazz.

Oh, and I Nerf (and airsoft - but let's not worry about that.)

In fact, I run an entire Nerf-and-Airsoft hobby group here in California.

I've hesitated in starting a blog because, simply put, I didn't want to be another sheep. By that I mean that there are so many other Nerf blogs out there that aren't as professional or "on it" as others. Since Urban Taggers shut down and Nerf Mods and Reviews lost jerm871, the Nerf scene hasn't been the same. Thank goodness we have Tactical TagBasic NerfSouthern Brisbane Nerf Club, and My Last Dart . Where would we be without them?
Sure, there are lots of blogs out there, but they all do the same thing: they recycle news, put out crumby, recycled reviews, and that's about it. THEY RECYCLE. Where is the innovation? The INSPIRATION?! My buddy Chris over at Cartaya Mod Works (whom I also sell blasters for) is the only mod-heavy blog with any content behind him that is innovative. The blogs I mentioned above are great because they're always the first to news and always have something fun to say.

So...what am I doing here?

Well, like I said, I hesitated to start a blog because I had no idea what I could offer that would entice people to read. Then I hit it.

I write. I should play to my strengths.

I named the blog "Down to Nerf" [as per the saying "Down to Earth"] because that's what this blog will be. I'll be doing what a lot of people like to read, but no one really does anymore. Articles. Rants. Speculation pieces. Opinion pieces. Even any reviews I do will have twists to them. I want to say what no one else does. I want to talk about what everyone skips over. I love discussion and arguments about stuff, I love TALKING about stuff.

So.
Yeah.

That's the gameplan, yo. I'll probably also post anything related to my personal Nerf experiences (ie the wars I run, wars I go to, behind the scenes of what I do to plan wars, mods I have done, etc.) I mean, yeah, I'll do a review occasionally if I feel like it. I'll even put out the news if I care enough. But I can promise you -- anything I post will have an opinion or speculation attached to it. I love to discuss, and I hope my readers (you guys!) will discuss with me.

I'll be back with something soon.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That's exactly my point, actual unique content, not just "this blaster is coming out in fall and it is orange, ohhhhhh!!" I believe that there is a lot to write about, a lot of great material about Nerf, modding, gameplay and even the culture of Nerf that stands to be yet discovered. Me personally, I like the layout, I say just start plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. your support is much appreciated! And don't worry -- I have a lot to say!

      Delete